GOULDS 1GD Dual Seal Submersible Grinder Pumps
- Designed for high head sewage applications where a gravity system is not practical
- Ideal for pressure sewage systems
Features and Benefits
- Silicon bronze, multi-vane semi-open impeller with pump-out vanes for mechanical seal protection
- Heavy duty cast iron, volute type casing for maximum efficiency
- Dual Mechanical Seals
- Optional Seal Sensor Cord located in oil-filled chamber
- Stainless Steel Shaft and Fasteners
- Solids handling capabilities: 3″ maximum
- Discharge: 11⁄4″ NPT removable flange
- Capacities: up to 46 GPM
- Total heads: up to 106 feet TDH
- 2 HP, 3450 RPM, 60 Hz
- Class “F” insulation
- Rated for continuous duty fully submerged
- Maximum Fluid Temperature: 104º F continuous duty, 140° F intermittent duty
- 208 or 230 volt
- Built-in, auto reset, on-winding motor overload
- 200, 230, 460 or 575 volt
- Class 10 ambient compensated, overload protection required in control panel.
- Fully submerged in oil-filled chamber. High grade turbine oil surrounds motor for more efficient heat
dissipation, permanent lubrication of bearings and mechanical seal for complete protection against outside environment.
- Class F insulation
- Single Phase: 2 HP, 208 or 230 volt, 60 Hertz, 3450 RPM, 14/4 power cord. Motor has built-in overload with automatic reset. Start capacitor, run capacitor and starting relay are required and will be located in the control panel. See “Recommended Control Panels” in chart on this bulletin.
- Three Phase: 2 HP, 200, 230, 460 or 575 V, 60 Hz, 3450 RPM. 14/4 STOW. Overload protection must be provided in starter unit.
- Designed for Continuous Operation: Pump ratings are within the motor manufacturer’s recommended working limits and can be operated continuously without damage when fully submerged.
- Bearings: Upper and lower heavy duty ball bearing construction for precision positioning of parts and to carry thrust loads.
- Power (Sensor) Cables: Severe duty rated, oil and water resistant. Epoxy seal on motor end provides secondary moisture barrier in case of outer jacket damage and to prevent oil wicking. 20 foot standard with optional lengths available.
- O-ring: Assures positive sealing against contaminants and oil leakage.
- Shaft: 300 series stainless steel, keyed design, short overhang for minimum shaft deflection.
- Pump is capable of running dry without damage to mechanical components.